Saturday, September 17, 2011

A family day gone Kincaid :)

Tis the season for Mike to work like crazy, and with this less-than-booming economy, we make the effort to praise God for the business of Mike's schedule as it just one way God is showing us His constant provision in our lives. However, that leaves family time few and far between these days. Seems like most of "family time" in our house lately has also been "sleeping time". Anyways, we had a day outing to Chico today to get some very much needed errands ran.  We started the day out by doing something fun, and taking the kids to the movies. Paytin is usually pretty easy going these days as long as she can nurse frequently, so I figured a movie wouldn't be bad since I could put on my coverlet and let her eat to her heart's content. Well, the poor Lilypie got a very upset stomach only 5 minutes into The Lion King, so I ended up going out with her to calm her down. Well, Mom fail, and I left my diaper bag in the theatre. Paytin would NOT calm down for two seconds, much less long enough for me to run in and grab the bag, so I "manned up" and asked one of the very nice gentlemen working at the theatre to run in and grab it from Mike which he did. After changing a poopy diaper, trying to nurse her, etc. I realized Paytin was being consoling and I took her out to the van. I laid her down on her tummy in the very back after I had turned the van on, and just sat next to her. In 2 minutes, she was OUT. So, I wrapped her up, and carried her back in and watched the rest of the movie from a solo seat at the side of the theatre (silently wishing that people hadn't sat right next to us so I could have watched the rest with Bray and Mike).  More importantly the boys had a great time and Brayden loved loved the movie. I really enjoyed being able to sit behind them and watch Mike whispering little tidbits to Bray throughout the movie and making Brayden smile.
Then we go to pickup our pictures from Sears that we got taken over two months ago. We just havent found the time to get to Chico to get them since then....well, long story short, they were HORRIBLE quality. I had gotten the CD and printed a couple from home, and my laserjet copies honestly were 10 times better then what I saw today. I nicely complained and we should be getting better quality ones within a few weeks. I'm just not going to get family photos at a studio again point blank. I know I have a wonderful camera and that my skills just aren't up to par with what kind of photos I would like to have of my kids yet, but I will still with local photographers or my own shots from here on out. I'm very much looking forward to getting our pics done from a friend hopefully next month, outside up here in the Basin while the leaves are changing colors :)

Anyways, we were able to get the kids a couple more fall clothing items, and I did get a few things for this crazy idea of an art project I am tackling, so all in all, not a complete failure, just another Khaotic Kincaid day ;)

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed this update! I think it's almost as nice as a phone call since I don't chat with you nearly as much as I wish I did. I am really proud of you for attempting a movie with a baby. Daisy never would have let me sit through a movie. I'm kinda hoping baby #2 will be more accomodating. You handled the diaper bag issue like a champ momma!! Also, wish I lived nearby so I could take pictures for you for free. It would sooo be my pleasure. What a bummer that the studio pics were such a dud. boo.

    ReplyDelete