Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pregnancy, Week 18 and 5 days


I know, I know, it's about time :)

Pregnancy: 18 weeks and 5 days. Will be 19 weeks on Friday the 28th!
 
Weight Gain: Around 7 pounds which I am pretty happy with!

Sleep: Weird! I'm not big, though I'm not offended when people can tell that I am preggo already, but sleep is already really difficult. Besides having to pee a lot in the middle of the night, I get leg cramps, side cramps, and weird aches and pains. Nothing major but still makes getting a good solid night of sleep a wee bit difficult!
 
Gender: We will be finding out in the coming weeks! Really looking forward to knowing!  When we have a date picked out for the ultrasound I will play the guessing game with everyone about what you all think we are having this time around! A healthy baby is my only request :)

Name: Well, I am really hoping to get my way on this, and I would like to keep said name for either a boy or girl a secret until we have him/her. Daddy is the deciding factor in this of course, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll let us go for it! We already have a girl name for SURE picked out, and a boy name, we're way undecided on!

Feeling: knock on wood....GREAT! I really for the most part, honestly dont feel pregnant. Besides wearing maternity clothes (and I am right at the awkward stage of not fitting into regular clothes and not yet fitting into my maternity stuff), having a bit of a belly, and the occasional pelvic pain and contraction, I feel amazing! Really looking forward to telling this one how "kind" they were to Mommy, but letting both our kids know that I would have gone through everything I went through with Brayden and much much worse to have two healthy kiddos!

Health: Great!
 
Belly: There! Lopsided at times which is always really fun. I have not felt baby yet, at least not convincingly enough for me :), but I have heard that if you are underweight to begin with, you can feel the baby even later...we shall see!
 
What I am looking forward to: too many things to count, another ultrasound, finding out the baby's sex, Brayden catching on more (now he will kiss my belly when I ask him where the baby is), decorating, nesting, etc :)
 
What I miss: not a whole lot :)

Milestones: Nothing yet!
 
Movement: Nothing yet!

Cravings: Nothing really. I'm happy eating, making, cooking, baking just about everything! Though, I do use my pregnant status to encourage my husband to make late night gas station runs for me, and he obliges being the awesome hubby that he is!

3 comments:

  1. I'm dying to know!!! Since I can't know Elissa's baby gender...yours is like so critical right now! hahaha. So excited for you guys Laura. Something about babies just makes me smile...not that I'm ready for another one at all but, knowing that I can enjoy yours and E's makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Can't wait to see what your having, glad your feeling well Laura! I am so tired and done with this pregnancy, I am so ready to have him, the weight on my back is horrible... hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete