Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bed Time

The growing bump of my belly that now holds our 20 week old daughter is proof that time stops for no man. It seems like just yesterday I was in this position with Brayden, dreaming of the child he would be, and of watching him grow up. And today, he grew up a little more. With potty training going so successfully (another post to come) we decided to go ahead and move Brayden to his big boy bed. Note to self, thank hubby again for convincing me during my pregnancy with Brayden to buy a convertible crib. I didn't realize it at the time but it will save us a lot of money in the long run as his crib converts to a toddler bed with rail, and eventually to a full size bed (I didnt even remember this until a couple days ago!). For some reason, I thought, we're not going to have to buy any furniture for this baby, we have it all! Oh but wait, Brayden still needs a bed and a dresser too, whoops! So, we decided to go ahead and keep Brayden's room the way it is and let him "grow" with his bed. Either way we'd have to spend money getting a kid new/used furniture.
Anyways, another thanks to my hubby for dealing with my requests to put the toddler rail on Bray's bed, when he really didnt have too, and it cost him an extra hour's worth of work. The bed looks awesome, and what's even more awesome is how well Brayden is doing in his new bed and how much he likes it! He was so excited that we "fixed" it (I didnt know it was broken) and thinks its the neatest thing ever that he can get in and get out. But wait, it gets better. Bray still has the mindset that once Mommy and Daddy put him in bed, he doesn't/shouldn't get out. Amazing right? I know it might not last long , but I am enjoying the fact that he is staying put right now and not wandering around!
I got some great pictures (I'm always telling you guys that) but will post them at another time. You see, I blog from our laptop, and for space reasons, have decided to only use our desktop computer for my pictures. I will get better at blogging from that computer to post pictures because we moved the computer desk downstairs today to make room for the Baby's room (goodbye office!)
Anyways, that's the end for this post!

2 comments:

  1. You "fixed it"...funny! I thought in the picture it looked like his crib, but didn't remember it was able to convert like that...COOL!

    ReplyDelete