Thursday, February 10, 2011

A little bit more...

about our baby girl. For those of you who don't know, I have what is called an Anterior Placenta in this pregnancy. We found out during our last ultrasound but it's nothing to be concerned about. Basically it's where the placenta is in front of the baby at my stomach, instead of at my spine, which makes it harder to feel the baby moving around, harder to hear their heartbeat, etc. It's totally normal, safe, and no harm to the baby at all, just makes things a little bit more difficult.  I found a great article that explains it better than I ever could, here it is for those of you who are interested: http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/anterior-placenta.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Interesting...I never heard of Anterior Placenta before. I learned something!

    ReplyDelete