Monday, February 28, 2011

Preggy Differences

I think I hear myself talking more about how different these pregnancies have been for me than much else about my pregnancy, and I keep telling myself I need to write down some of the differences before I forget them. So here's a small list for now, that I am sure I will add too throughout the next 4 months!


  • Sleep. I slept all the time during my pregnancy with Brayden but now have a hard time sleeping. Sleeping at night and staying comfortable is much harder with this one as well, I toss and turn a lot.
  • Oranges. They gave me the worst heartburn when I was pregnant with Brayden, along with orange juice and I am loving them this pregnancy.
  • My Hair. Last pregnancy I dont remember my hair really being all that dry and this pregnancy it really is. I just had Mike's mom cut about 4 inches off my hair a few weeks back. It needed it desperately and she did a great job.
  • Skin. It's really dry this time around too. Also, a lot more breakouts this time around as well.
  • Weight gain. It just feels different this time. I didnt lose so much weight in the beginning of this pregnancy like I did with Brayden, but I am constantly hearing how "small" I am this time around. I am anywhere from 5-8 lbs under weight for this pregnancy, but the belly is definitely there!
  • Where my belly is. I know this will show even morei n the coming months, but I can already feel Paytin is higher than Brayden was. When I sit down, I feel my tummy hitting high, like against my chest, and it was always so low when I was preggy with Brayden.
  • Heartburn. I stayed away from it during Bray's pregnancy by staying away from acidic foods, but this time around, its night time that brings it on. If I dont eat anything big after about 730ish, I'm ok. But if I snack a lot, or drink a lot of something, I can expect heartburn all night long.

Ok....that's it for now. I'll have more to come but that's actually better than I was expecting for this late at night and a post on a whim! Ultrasound coming up soon so more info and pics to come. And surprise, I actually got my camera out today and played around with it so I will have a few pics to share with you all soon enough!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like my pregnancy with Daisy TO A TEE...except for baby feeling high. Daisy always felt low to me but, that doesn't mean tthat she was low, just that she felt low. I had all of these symptoms too!! I think the hormones of having a girl make the body do very different things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is amazing how different pregnancies are even if they are the same gender, but it is nice to know that yours is a different gender and probably because of that they are different! I know I can't WAIT for the heart burn to be done. I am tired of waking up choking on it! HA! ARe you a TUMS girl or something else? Please do share! I can't wait to see your pics! I love to see your family laura, sure do miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pepcid AC works for heartburn! I used it constantly with Gregory! I use it now with this one too sometimes.

    ReplyDelete