Saturday, March 5, 2011

Braydenisms

Been awhile since I have done this, but here's some funny Brayden moments for the records:

  • He loves to pray. Usually it's the same prayer that goes like this, "Jesus, Thank you, You're Welcome Jesus, Amen, Amen". It's precious, because he puts his hands together and bobs his head with each word or phrase as if to try and show how much he means it. We're working with him on some other things to say to Jesus, where Jesus is (if you ask him, he'll say Jesus went bye bye, or maybe point to a picture we have in our house), and other such stuff.
  • At the Winter Camp we went to with the High Schoolers, Brayden would bow his head with the kids for prayer and then just say "Amen" repeatedly, during their prayer. Also, we listen to worship music all the time in our house, and one song must have stuck with him, because he'll sing "Holy, Holy, Holy" over and over again while raising his arms to his sides. At camp, after we sand worship at the bonfire, he looked up at me and said "Holy's all gone!" All the kids started laughing.
  • His favorite words right now are "Nope" and "I can't" Those are NOT my favorite two words from him, but we're working on that.
  • When Brayden is being disciplined, I often have to ask him to "look at me" because I want to make sure what I am telling him is sinking in and that he's listening. We've since caught him telling the dogs to "look at me" and even gently grabbed their chins so they will be face to face with him!
  • I dont know why I find this entertaining, but he calls Mike "Da-ey" and always has. But me, I realize, he only calls me "Mom", not Mommy or Mama, just Mom. I try to get him to say Mommy, and sometimes he will if he's super tired or something, but usually its just plain ol' Mom. 
  • He kisses Paytin and hugs her and talks to her all the time. Sometimes I ask him too but most of the time, he'll come up to me when I am sitting down, or on the couch and just kiss my belly real quick and run off. I think its super adorable :)

3 comments:

  1. Holy's All Gone....hahahahah!!! Love you guys and miss you tons and tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben has never called me Mommy. He went straight from Momma to Mom when he was about 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy's all gone...that is just too funny. So amazing and mysterious how kids think!

    ReplyDelete