Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fun Preggy Moments...

  • I've been having insane contractions the past two days. Not enough to warrant me freaking out and going to the hospital or anything, just the kind where your whole tummy tightens and stays that way for awhile. I think Paytin's position has something to do with all the pressure I am feeling, but I'm not  too concerned at this point and will have a regular doctor checkup this week and will ask.
  • Speaking of Paytin, the little girl decided that Mommy's bladder problems weren't bad enough already, so she decided to move in a position where it feels like each kick is pointed directly at my bladder...it's been like that for over a day now....lots of fun!
  • Heartburn...I woke up like choking at 2 am this morning with horrible heartburn, like I felt like I had to gulp, and gulp, but nothing was coming up or anything. SO strange.
  • Charlie Horse/Leg Cramps, oh my goodness. I only had a couple of these with Brayden but I got one three nights ago and holy toledo. I know I over-exaggerate my pain sometimes, but I really thought my leg was going to like spontaneously combust or something! It hurt SO bad and oddly enough still aches in my calf muscle.
  • Paytin seems to like to move the most in the evenings around 8ish, when I finally settle down on the couch, recline, and lean back a little bit. These are the moments that I get to feel her the most. However, she always stops when I try to put a hand on my stomach, and therefore Mike hasn't been able to feel her ONE time yet...not once! Argh little girl! :)!
  • If I hear...honestly....if I hear one more time how skinny I am, I just might spontaneously combust myself. I know I haven't gained as much weight as I should, but I have a nice little preggy belly going and am gaining weight, just not a ton. It's not that I am trying to not gain weight, my eating habits totally prove that, its just different this time around. Trust me, I still have about 4 months to get to whale status and I am sure I will. But in the meantime, pulling at my clothes, gawking at me, and making numerous comments in single conversations about how thin I am doesn't make me feel good, contrary to popular belief :)! I even had a lady I know grab the side of my pants by my thigh at the post office this week to point out to me how I need to fill my pants out and how tiny I am! I had another lady press my sweatshirt down around my stomach at the grocery store to try to see if I really did have a baby bump!

5 comments:

  1. OMG Laura...you are too fat! You really need to watch your diet...eating for two isn't what it really means:-) HAHA...well, not really. Sorry you are tired of them saying that, but be grateful the pregnancy is treating you well so you will bounce right back afterwards! Plus going around after a 2 year old sure keeps the weight off:-) Sorry for your heartburn and charlie horses...as I stand at the computer and my legs hurt I remember this is only temporary! Soon that gorgeous little girl will be in your arms and all the bad memories will fade away! BTW...BELLY SHOT PLEASE! Lets see how skinny you really are:-) ( you know you are just perfect right?!?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elissa's comment cracked me up. You will bounce back fast so that is a good thing;0. Do you charlie horses in your calf? I got them there a lot and had to flex in bed to get them to go away. Your girl has hair and she is a feisty one just like my Daisy!! ;0 Cannot wait to see her beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of your preggy moments remind me of my pregnancy with Gwen! (Like it was that long ago! ha!) I completely understand not gaining that much weight in the beginning! Just wait until the end, oh man...just wait! I can't wait to get cleared to work out again! Sigh. The charlie horses were the absolute worst with Gwen. I didn't have them at all with H, but this little girl, oh man! For days after I would have a crazy cramp in my legs. You look amazing and the next time someone tries to touch you smack there hand! :) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you get the charlie horse grab your toe and pull it back towards your leg. NEVER ever point your toe during a cramp! The pain will be way more intense. I always had bad leg cramps at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember having those leg cramps too... they were awful! As long as Paytin is growing and doing well that's the main thing. Like the other girls said, you will bounce back easier afterward!

    ReplyDelete