Friday, March 18, 2011

Thoughts today

  • It's 9:15 and Brayden is still sleeping. Nice right? Would help if he wasn't getting up anyhwere from 1-3 times a night between 9 and 11 because he can't sleep. This is happening because of his nap schedule. I am NOT about to have a 2.5 year old who won't nap, especially because I know he still needs it (gets way cranky, cries more, etc. on days he doesn't nap) but if he does nap, he has such a hard time falling asleep.  I'm working on trying to move his nap up earlier in the day and make it shorter to try and fix this, but apparently by last night, it didnt work so well :-).
  • I'm 26 weeks pregnant today! In roughly 3 months and 6 days, I should be somewhere close to holding our baby girl in my arms, and I just can't wrap my head around that! I am getting more excited everyday!
  • Brayden is doing great in his language skills, and still talks a TON of jibber jabber when he is excited and trying to explain something. I'm working with him on using more short sentences when he wants something as well instead of just saying "Juice, Please" something close to "Can I have juice please?" or whatever. He said a great sentence the other day that made me CRACK up, "Excuse me Mom, that's MY cereal." Came out pretty much exactly like that except excuse is "Coos".
  • I scored this super cute Zebra stuffed animal for Paytin's room at the Thrift Store the other day. $3, and I just threw it in the washing machine when we got home. It matches her bedroom perfectly but hasn't spent much time in there because Brayden loves when I wrap it up so he can carry it like a baby.
  • Bear, for those of you who knew about his ear problems and our concerns about surgery for him, is doing GREAT. The medicine, steroids, antibiotics, and food change have all been working wonders...oh wait...I should say I have been working wonders ;-) Being his nurse is a full time job!

  • And lastly....there's a foot of new snow outside, and...oh wait....it's still dumping snow. I had just started to see about 4 inches of grass on either side of my driveway, and its all gone, now I can't even see my car! I was just telling someone that for some reason it's so hard to start getting ready for Paytin to be here when there is SNOW outside. It's a mental thing, but it still seems like having her is so far away when there is feet and feet of snow in my backyard and I'm having her at the end of JUNE. Ugh. I digress. 
Hoping to snap a couple shots today, one of Preggy me at 26 weeks and another of me and my Brayden for my AWESOME buddy Casey's new Blog Join In, Momma in Focus! Check out her blog at jcmfamily.blogspot.com or come back later when I post my picture to check out the link up!

2 comments:

  1. yeah! 6.5 months down:-) Hope the time flies for you, bet you can't wait to have that little cutie in your arms! Sorry about the snow, I won't tell you the temp here for the day...wait maybe you should move to the East Coast! Bummer about Brayden and naps, try getting him up earlier instead of letting him sleep in so he is tired for his naps. I know kids go through spurts of sleeping habits...done it since they were babies right? Hope it gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought it said 25 year old, but you said 2.5 year old. Funny! Naps sometimes change! What time does he go down now?

    ReplyDelete