Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pregnancy Week 26 Day 5

It's snowing outside, and I just got back in from a horrible attempt at shoveling. I probably would have kept trying longer in my futile efforts if it wasn't for this babe inside me that let me know I needed to come in and rest. Anyways, for some reason today more than others the weather has me in a gosh darn stinky mood. I have a feeling that along with my headache and pregnancy aches, today is going to be a restful day in our house. I figured with the "down" time I would go ahead and do another pregnancy update, so here we go!


Pregnancy: 26 weeks and 5 days
 
Weight Gain: Ugh...I want to say about 10 lbs. Which I'm happy with :)

Sleep: Bad. I don't have a hard time falling asleep, but still with getting comfortable and staying asleep. I wake up probably 4 times a night and at least one of those times takes me about an hour to fall back asleep everytime. Mike and I really enjoy falling asleep on the couch together watching a movie or a tv show a couple nights a week, just relaxing to just cuddle and hang out for a bit, but it's been getting harder and harder for me to be able to do that because I wake up really hurting in various spots depending on how I lay. I got a pregnancy pillow when I was pregnant with Brayden (that we trashed afterwards as it had lost if's poofiness under my chubby pregnant body) and wasn't planning on getting one this time around, and both Mike and I are re-thinking that. I have a lot of pain in my neck, my hips, my shoulders, and my back. Not to mention the heartburn. That's going to be fun fun fun for the next 3 months :) The heartburn now doesnt just come based on what and when I eat, but whenever I lay down flat, so it's taking 2-3 pillows, wadded, rolled, and folded to prop me up to help with the heartburn each night. NEEDless to say, this pregnancy has been such a blessing in good health minus a couple UTIs and other flu/cold illnesses and none of these sleep issues or other issues means anything in comparison to the love and thankfulness I have for this little girl growing inside me!
 
Name: Paytin Lily, also known as P Lily and Pay Kay, take your pick :)

Feeling: Tired and Sore. I don't know if I should just give up my endeavors to get up earlier each morning before Brayden wakes up. I was doing better about not sleeping in so much until sleeping really became a problem, now the best sleep I seem to get is from 5 to whatever time Brayden and I get up in the morning.

Health: Good! Another difference in this pregnancy is my hip pain/sciatic nerve (right?) pain. It's more of a nuisance than anything, but also something I want to mention for my own journaling sake. Some mornings when I wake up, I can really feel a "catch" in one of my hips. It's only one hip at a time and varies in what hip it is, but on those mornings, I have to be really careful going up and down the stairs for the first couple hours. It's like one leg won't work sometimes and I have gotten accustomed to holding onto the rail during these times and taking each step with both feet before I move on because I can't tell when it will "give out" and I've had a couple stumbles because of it! Must just be the pressure she is putting on the nerve but it really isnt that painful, just makes my body act weird!
 
Belly: There, the same :)
 
What I am looking forward to: Mike and Brayden being able to feel her. One of our high schoolers was the FIRST person to feel her move last night which was really neat-o! She's such a stubborn one!
 
What I miss: Energy, not having aches and pains.....SLEEP

Milestones: 3 months and ONE day till my due date! I can't tell you how happy I would be to get to that due date with no pre-term labor or amniotic fluid loss like with Brayden!
 
Movement: She moves when she pleases and only when she pleases! She doesnt move around all day long, at least not that I can feel, but enjoys moving around the most when I am resting and taking a break
 
Cravings: Nothing really, still loving fruits and sweets, but salads with italian dressing are a fave right now too!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you and Mike are such good cuddlers. I am so bad about that with Joey. You are getting SOO close to the finish line momma and yeah for 10 pounds!!

    ReplyDelete