Thursday, December 23, 2010

1st Appt!

This morning was my very first OB appt for our second pregnancy! Finally got to meet our doctor and our little one (on the screen)!
First off, huge kudos to the man 5 years ago tonight I was dying to say I do too, and who tomorrow, will celebrate with me the anniversary of our humble marital beginning that now has grown into 5 beautiful years of love! It is so important to Mike to be at every single appt this pregnancy since he missed out on a lot of the beginning stuff with Brayden. Kind of hard when we work two totally different schedules, but we finally got a date that worked so we could both go...it just meant Mike would get less than 4 hours of sleep and then have to be up almost 20 hours straight, working again tonight. But he didnt complain not once, and really made me know how happy he was that he could go to this appt. I love him :).
Second off, the appt info! After waiting awhile, we got in to see the doctor, who briefly went over my health history with me, then did the routine appt, and did a quick ultrasound! We were just dying to see this little one because I have said it a couple times, but by this time in my pregnancy with Brayden, I had already seen him numerous times because of my complications! Mike was so surprised at how "big" the baby looked and how much the baby actually looked like a baby, that it was adorable. He stood up out of his seat immediately to look at the monitor and I could tell by the look on his face how many emotions were going through him! That quick minute of looking at our little miracle together were priceless. The perfect Christmas and Anniversary present! Doc measured baby head to toe and baby measures just 2 days shy of my actual progress, which is A-ok. Due date is SET at June 24th, 2011!  I have uploaded a picture to facebook and will post it on here as soon as my computer cooperates!

Now we wait one month till our next appt, in the meantime when I get over yet another UTI, and hope that my blood results dont show any anemia and thyroid problems like my pregnancy with Bray! Then, in roughly 6 weeks, we will have our "gender" ultrasound if all goes to plan! No date set for that but I will keep everyone updated!

Brayden still doesnt understand quite yet that the baby is in my belly, which is a pretty darn abstract concept for a 2 year old to get ;). I think he will understand it more as Mommy gets bigger and he can eventually feel the movements. For the meantime, we're not worried about explaining it to him, but he knows there is a baby and will gladly tell you all about the ultrasound picture :)!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Excited you finally got to see Baby K! Enjoy your time of being able to bend over and pick Bray up, it will soon not be so easy!! ha!

    ReplyDelete