Saturday, December 11, 2010

Finally some CHRISTmas stuff!

Trying to snap a shot of the deliciously yummy peppermint oreos Mike and I made earlier. Loved the recipe, loved that it turned out great the first time we tried it, and loved that my hubby was such a sport and spent the time baking with me while Brayden was napping and it was Mike's last but of "down" time before he went to work.


Our beautiful Christmas tree, or am I just biased?! I absolutely LOVE our tree this year, minus the trouble we have had with our lights. And no smart remarks about all the presents, they are most definietely not all from us or for us either! We seem to have Santa's workshop going in our home for a few different people!


A closer shot of the tree. I was trying to time it when all our flashing lights were on, but that just seemed impossible after a couple shots. Next year Mike and I are going to go sans flashing lights because we have decided we both like how fully lit our tree looks when all the lights are on and not flashing back and forth. But I was so happy with our tree this year, so happy with the place we bought it for a great price that I was even able to afford a fresh wreath for our front door, and I just love how many meaningful ornaments we have collected throughout the years!


And, how could I not post a picture of this Christmas cutie? Wearing his adorable Mickey feetie Christmas jammies that he just loves, but unfortunately you can't see. And holding his newest proof of knowing how to pull at Mommy and Daddy's heart strings. I have been wanting to get Brayden a pillow pet, and I think Mike just thought they were ridiculous and that he already has a pillow. Today at the grocery store they had some (and we've been seeing them everywhere) and for some reason they caught Mike's eye more this time and we stopped to look, did our shopping, and then found ourselves in front of them again. When I saw this dragon one, I couldnt pass it up. I had been wanting to get him a doggie one, but when I saw this one and it was the only one they had, I just had to have it for Bray because I had never seen a dragon one before. He loves dragons since we watched How to Train Your Dragon. Anyways, Mike and I bought it with the intention of wrapping it and putting it under the tree. And obviously you see the picture, Brayden won out. Crying out "dragon dragon" while we were trying to get him to nap, and sobbing uncontrollably surely helped his case. It made us feel better about giving in when we checked on him together and saw him asleep with his head on the pillow, and his hand holding on to one of the ears. He keeps running around the house with it tonight making "whooshing" noises telling me it's "fies" (ph-eyes) for flies. Precious :)! And look, a picture that I had to do a million takes of to actually get him to smile!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. The cookies look scrumptious, the tree is gorgeous and Brayden is a-freakin-dorable!!!! :D Miss you guys and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, hands down that is one of the most gorgeous Christmas trees I've ever seen and all those presents!!! Can I come over and open some??? Holy cow it all looks so beautiful!!! Bray's hair is so awesome!! What a little stud he is. The pillow is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool, i can't tell where the tree is in your house? Love the pillow pet! Do you have a tri pod? Your tree is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT IS a beautiful ChristmasTree! I would love to sit in front of it and chat all night with ya:-) Brayden's hair is getting so long and cute! LOVE it! Miss ya girl

    ReplyDelete