Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New Symptom for the books!

Funny thing happened this morning. I woke up with an awful taste in my mouth. Not totally uncommon for me to wake up with bad breath (according to my loving hubby ;) ) but it just wouldnt go away. I ignored it and pressed on and made it to work, where I started to munch on my breakfast. My apple didnt taste right. Not at all. Wierd. Ok, my water tastes awful. I know I left it in my water bottle at work overnight, but it should not taste this bad. Hmm. Back to work. Ok, my cold pizza (super healthy, I know) definietely doest taste right. Let me put my finger on it. It tastes....like metal?! Let's google it. I am self-diagnosing here, but it appears I have dysgeusia. A fairly normal pregnancy symptom, much like morning sickness that is a metal taste in your mouth until it goes away sometime in the 2nd trimester. I never had anything like this with Brayden at all, very interesting how different each pregnancy can be!

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/metallic-taste.aspx

5 comments:

  1. Yea I've heard of that pregnancy symptom before....you know in case all the nausea doesn't completely put you off the idea of eating maybe everything tasting like metal will haha! Hope it goes away soon seester :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for a blog post! but that is a funny symptom! That would frustrate me so much because I wouldn't be able to enjoy the taste of food then...kinda like when you have a cold and can't taste anything. Hope it goes away fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea.. it's a normal symptom.. FOR AN ALIEN ROBOT! :) (Jim)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I had that a lot...does this mean you are having a girl? lol It's not fun and does linger sometimes. Metal is a perfect description!

    ReplyDelete