Friday, December 31, 2010

Pregnancy Week 15


Pregnancy: 15 weeks (holy toledo, I always feel like 16 weeks is "so" far along, and I am almost there! This pregnancy is flying by!)
 
Weight Gain: Probably 5-6 lbs. Hard for me to keep up in between doctor's appts because our scale seems to be off. Definietely much fatter than I was with Brayden at this point. I wont even post pictures to compare because its just pathetic. Looking forward to getting IN shape after this one, more IN shape than I have been my entire life hopefully.....I definietely see a post-pregnancy 5k in the mix and hopefully either an 8k, or a bike race or something!

Sleep: Due to a kidney/bladder infection that I dont know why but the anti-biotics just dont seem to be kicking quickly enough, I've been waking up a few times a night to go to the bathroom. But I've been sleeping DEEP at night and feeling like I need at least 10 hours a night to even make it to 9pm every night. Another hard thing is trying to get back to sleep after Mike gets home on the nights he works. That's something new that I hope passes quickly!
 
the next two will stay the same for a little while:
 
Gender: Hoping to find out in February!

Name: Well, I am really hoping to get my way on this, and I would like to keep said name for either a boy or girl a secret until we have him/her. Daddy is the deciding factor in this of course, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll let us go for it! We already have a girl name for SURE picked out, and a boy name, we're way undecided on!

Feeling: pregnant, fat, achey, haha :), hormonal at times, pretty darn sleepy and extra clumsy this week. I dont feel like I am clumsy because I am so big or anything, give me a few more months for that, but I just feel so darn CLUMSY, falling on ice, dropping things left and right, spilled my hot cocoa everywhere at the coffee shop this morning, etc.

Health: Aside from the bladder infection, great!
 
Belly: Just chubby. Remind me that I said right now that the "chubby" part of weight gain is my least favorite. I would rather be thin, or largely pregnant than in between. Remind me of that when I am the size of Shamu :) 
 
What I am looking forward to: our gender ultrasound! Mike and I are both wanting to "nest" even though I always feel like that is a silly word that people use. We just want to know the gender to plan names, plan themes, plan rooms, and rearrange our house as needed!
 
What I miss: feeling more productive in the evenings! That's still the case. Not feeling so clumsy! 

Milestones: Nothing yet!
 
Movement: Nothing yet of course! But I am hoping soon! For those of you who have had multiple pregnancies, when did you start feeling your 2nd, or 3rd child move around? Was it sooner than the first?

Cravings: Dill Pickles. So weird. I didnt have strong cravings with Brayden, more aversions to foods or things that overall sounded good all the time. The other night, I HAD to have a pickle, to the point that nothing else sounded good and I could almost taste the pickle in my mouth. Thankfully one of our awesome high schoolers went to the store and bought me a whole jar so I wouldnt have to brave the ice after my fall! I have been snacking on them ever since and wonder what it is about pickles that is sounding so good? Like I told my mom on the phone, I cant think of any food that has a similar taste to pickles, which I think its interesting that I am craving something so unique. Time will tell if that craving continues!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha laura...you crack me up. Pickles huh? Don't worry, I had doritos and other things that was different. Sorry you are feeling chubby and blah...definitely that phase of the pregnancy that can be hard when it comes to that! Can't wait to hear what you guys are having too! So excited!

    As far as feeling baby movements...with Austin it was definitely towards 20 weeks and this one was way early like 16 or 17 weeks...but...every pregnancy is different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Luke right before 13 weeks!!! Early I know... but I FELT HIM!! :)

    ReplyDelete