Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Love

A lovey, dovey, overdue post about my hubby and marriage. I was talking with a dear friend earlier this week about marriage, the beauty of it, the trials of it, and how God is so ever present in it and has such great desires for our marriages. Each and every marriage has seasons of passion, seasons of friendship, seasons of hardship, seasons of learning, seasons of growth, and so many more. 5 years ago, I would have heard that from someone and smiled, thought about it briefly and moved on. Now I sit here, with over 5 years with Mike at my side, almost 5 years ( in 20 days! ) since our beautiful private wedding, a child upstairs sleeping, another one growing within me, and realize how beautiful and needed and awesome each and every season is. Marriage is more beautiful than our culture, even we, give it credit for. Taking two totally different and separate people, combining them together as one (which is a CONSTANT process), creating a family through them, and growing them together for their entire lives. Marriage is a commitment that is so overlooked these days for the beauty that it really is, that 50, 60, 70 year old marriages and all the seasons they have gone through together, survived, and flourished, and stayed side by side, for the awesomeness that is shown through that. Even when its not make-out sessions, romantic dates, and hand holding under the table, even when its just knowing someone is always there, even when its just being friends, even when its just the commitment to getting through the hard times, it's beautiful, it's monumental, and I am so extremely grateful that God has put and continues to put such an emphasis on the importance of it.

Wow, that was a tangent. That being said, my God-given husband (which is the most loving and endearing thing I could ever say about him, simply resting on the beautiful fact that God created him perfectly for me!) came home for a break tonight and had me listen to this song he heard on the radio. With tears in his eyes, holding my hand, we listened together, silently, and just smiled at each other. It's one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard because its exactly what I needed to hear, exactly how I feel, and brought back so many wonderful, beautiful, awesome memories of 5 years ago as I prepared to marry my Mike :). I hope this blesses you all, and its something you can bring your spouse over to listen too and go down memory lane together too!!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful song and I have to add that the pictures gave me tons of ideas for my couples photo sessions for next Christmas! :0 hehe. Want to give you props for doing a post on marriage as it has now been on my heart to do the same:)! Way to keep it real friend!! Much love to you:)

    ReplyDelete