Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Favorite Things

My buddies Casey (jcmfamily.blogspot.com) and Elissa (melafamilyblog.blogspot.com) both posted a cute little list of favorite on their blogs and I wanted to join in on the fun! Here I go!

Flowers: Gerbera Daisies.  They always make me smile. I just think they are so bright and beautiful and full of life that they cheer up a whole room :-)! Plus, they look gorgeous on my dining room table!

Color Combination: I have to say, I love the blues/antique whites/whites that cover our bedroom. It's romantic, relaxing, and exactly where I want to be at the end of a long day! That being said, Mike just re-painted like 70% of our entire house to be the beautiful gold/yellow that I wanted, so I love me some bright colors too!!

Celebrity Couple: Like my friends, I could care less, and I honestly wouldn't know who to pick or who is even together!

Favorite Theme Song: Hehe, this would be it right now, because theme song means from a show right? I dont know that the shows Mike and I normally watch have themes, but I love the veggietales theme song and always find myself singing along and dancing around when Brayden watches them!

Favorite Magazine(s):
I love this magazine, I haven't gotten it in a couple of years, but I remember when I did, I would read them and re-read them and highlight and cut things out of them.  They were just so relevant to what I was feeling/needing/going through!

And Parents magainze :) I get it monthly and love it every single time :)

Favorite Thing about Fall: FAMILY TIME! I posted this before, but I feel like my soul just feels at rest during Fall. I get to recoup from a really busy Summer, watch the leaves change, and snuggle with two of my all time favorite people :).

Favorite things about being a Mom: Knowing Bray inside and out, what makes him tick, what makes him laugh, what can get him out of a funk, his deep belly laugh, there is nothing like it and it makes his whole body shake and convulse and his smile engulfs his entire face, rocking him, just because he wants me too, when he needs me too, when he's tired or scared, and watching Mike and him together, there is no better feeling in the world!

Favorite things about being a Wife: knowing that I have the man I love with all my heart, at my side, for my entire life. Lots of people never find that and most people don't find it as young as I did, I am truly blessed! I love to watch him sleep but he'll tell you that that creeps him out! I like being able to warm my cold feet up on him when we are in bed, because I can't sleep with socks on, but my feet always start out cold! For all the memories we've made and the ones we have yet to make!

About blogging: first and foremost, it's my diary. I wonder if people believe me about that. I have a pretty darn bad memory, I have to read things or look at pictures to remember exact events and this blog has given me that outlet to be able to preserve all the memories I dont take the time to sit and write down! To be able to keep up with people I love, meet new people I would have never known, and for community, like Elissa said, I can bounce questions off people, read others advice, and really learn from lots of other Christian women, moms and wives!

1 comment:

  1. yeah! Laura's favorite things:-) Love your bedroom...that is it right? looks out of a magazine!! Gotta love the kid theme songs...just that season in life huh? And yeah for being a mom! I sometimes just sit in awe in how awesome the relationship between a mom and child is. So unique and cool!

    ReplyDelete