Friday, November 5, 2010

Absentee

Sorry for my absence on this blog! Geeze, I create a new family blog and then don't blog for weeks on end.  I know most of you understand, and for those of you who don't, you will after the following sentence.

Surprise, We're Pregnant!......Again!!

Ok, those of you who didn't find out by phone call, text message, email, or Facebook, sorry for the abrupt and not personal way to tell you! But, that is the reason for my lack of posts. I have lots to catch up on and lots to blog for my own memories sake, but for now, I am just going to stick to a post my frind Lindsay has been doing that I have been enjoying reading, here's some info on the newest little Kincaid!

Pregnancy: 7 weeks exactly

Weight Gain: Weight Loss 4 pounds (I think I was at 6-8 pounds lost already with Brayden at this point)

Sleep: I don't get enough of it, but my body keeps plugging. Aside from Brayden, then me, then Mike all getting the stomach flu this week, Brayden also decided to FREAK OUT (notice the capital letters as I am not overexaggerating the situation) about going to sleep in his bedroom for nap or bedtime.  So, I slept on the couch twice, slept with a kid in our bed twice, and finally slept a solid night's sleep in my own bed, sans child, last night.

Gender: It will be a few months, but no, we're not keeping it a surprise.

Name: Well, I am really hoping to get my way on this, and I would like to keep said name for either a boy or girl a secret until we have him/her. Daddy is the deciding factor in this of course, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll let us go for it! We already have a girl name for SURE picked out, and a boy name, we're way undecided on!

Feeling: Sick, all the time. And overwhelmed. I think I magically expected this pregnancy to be so much different than my pregnancy with Brayden and was surprised to have it be very much the same. Now I have more duties than just wife and worker, including mommy, homeowner, and full tiem student as well. And I'm praying the sickness eases off so I can start getting stuff done again!


Health: Not so hot right now. Besides having a lingering bladder and kidney infection (still not gone since I throw up the medicine everytime), I am insanely naucious, which leads to throwing up more often than not. In the last 5 days I've consumed saltines, pretzels, and a half a bagel.  Funny thing is, I'm not even hungry. Just naucious.

Belly: Non-existent, smaller than it was in the first place!

What I am looking forward to: not being sick anymore!!! Honestly, I'm looking forward to looking down and seeing a big ol' belly because that will mean I'm not worrying moment by moment that this baby is getting enough! To find out if its a boy or a girl.  To have Mike be at my doctors appointments with me.  To have Brayden begin to understand (as much as he can) what a baby brother or sister means....the list is endless :)!

What I miss: Not feeling naucious! Being able to eat, being able to watch commercials for food without running to the bathroom, being able to take care of Mike and Brayden like I normally would....

Milestones: In the next week or so, I should have my first OB appt. Excited about that!

Movement: Nothing yet of course!

Cravings: Averisions, to everything :). Ok, let's be realistic. I don't want ANYTHING sweet. Nothing. Except gatorade or 7up.  But no candy, no fruit, no nothing. All I want is crackers and bread.

Hopefully funner posts of these to come!

4 comments:

  1. so sorry that you are so sick! NO FUN! good thing is, it is only temporary...hopefully for only 5ish more weeks, and I hate to say, but if it lasts all pregnancy it is still temporary right? Looking on the bright side....yikes! What fun and joyous journey your family has ahead. Can't wait to see this little bean in 9 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice update Laura. I really enjoyed reading the details about how things are going. You probably already got my FB message so I won't reinterate it. Just know that I feel for you big time. So crummy to feel crummy to say the least. I wish you lived closer...I wanna hug you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love these posts. I "stole" the idea from my friend Kim. Can't wait to keep reading and watching you grow! Yucky that you are so sick but on the bright side with Elissa, at least this will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! So neat you have names all picked. We always have a tough time deciding on boy names too... but girl names we have two all picked out if we ever have a girl :)

    ReplyDelete