Monday, November 8, 2010

More Updates

  • Well, I haven't thrown up since Thursday. That's a huge milestone. Everyday I feel a little stronger and a little more level headed (it's amazing what a week without practically any nourishment will do to you).
  • On Sunday, albeit a nice bout of nausea that kept us from church, we went out to a late brunch, which is the first time a meal has sounded good in quite awhile.  I ate biscuits and gravy and homestyle potatoes and gravy and was in carb heaven. Just typing those foods makes me shudder in nausea right now, but what matters, is that in the moment, they were delicious, they stayed down, and I am sure they add a pound to my previously -7 lb frame.
  • We are feverishly working to catch up on homework and my husband is awesome. I somehow let us get off track and too far behind in our Fall semester, and we will be spending the next several weeks scrambling, but able, to get all our work done in time. I will be so looking forward to a couple weeks off before Spring semester, my final semester! And Mike is always awesome, but he managed to not only catch up but completely finish his Criminology class in about 2 days of non-stop work.  Super amazed and proud of him :-)
  • My Aunt Judy and Uncle Jim stopped by for a quick visit on Friday evening on their anniversary trip (and up to see my Sister and Bro-in-Law!) and brought us a wonderful package of cookies (shudder), that Brayden and Mike thoroughly enjoyed, some wonderful home remedies for nausea for me, and...my Grandma's scanner. For those of you who don't know. My Grandma, one of THE singlehandedly most awesome women to ever live, loved firefighters (and police officers too), and religiously brought them donuts to the local firestation every week. They lovingly named her the Donut-Lady, which she branded on her license plate, and had tons and TONS of items from them for her years of service.  She ALWAYS had a scanner on when we went to visit them, and we could listen to all the fire and police calls, well, now that my hubby is on the force, this wonderful, and super memorable item, got passed down to me.  We're not sure if it works yet. But it's like having my own little time travel box right in front of me looking at that thing and remembering listening to it everytime we were there :-).
  • It snowed last night. Yup. And I'm happy about it. I'm NOT thrilled that I am sure I will fall or slip sometime in the coming months on the multiple ice patches I will come across while pregnant and suber uncoordinated, but I have fore-warned myself to be super careful so we're not having another pre-term labor scare :)
  • Brayden's doing great. He's really excelling being home with Daddy and I am super thankful that they have this time together.  I have seen first hand how important it is to have your kids at home with you as much as is possible (notice I said as possible because I know people HAVE to work sometimes, as I am in that situation!) and I'm just super blessed to have a husband that values that.
  • We got our truck back!!! And its beautiful and wonderful, and $200 more than we were supposed to have to spend on it (ergh!) We haven't driven it yet, but there it sits in my driveway in its beautiful truck glory!
  • The upcoming months look like they will  be holding a few new challenges for Brayden as we look to switch him to a toddler bed sometime December/January ish and as we look to start potty-training him. We're still waiting for "the" time to train him, when we feel he really grasps the concept. We've tried a couple times, but he just hasn't been there yet, and I am seeing new hints all the time that he is getting closer (like a funny one this morning when I got him up and he was standing in his crib, turned his backside to me pointed to his diaper and said "poop", so I checked, and there was no poop, right as Brayden proceeded to crouch a little and let out a loud fart. Haha. He immediately started CRACKing up! He's all boy!)
  • And I really do have some pictures. Some cute ones of Brayden in his new Woody bath towel that he just loves because it has a hat, some beautiful ones of the leaves changing before they all fell from the snow last night, and a couple more odds and ends. Those are coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Being sick like that makes it hard to have the energy to do anything else. Hope you continue to just take care of yourself as best as you can as you deserve that right now. Glad to hear the truck is back and looking great!! Hope it drives perfectly!!Potty training time already. Wow, time really does fly!! I'll be praying as you enter that season as I hear it can be quite challenging but, you never know...maybe Brayden will take right off!

    ReplyDelete