Wednesday, November 10, 2010

P's and Q's

I'm not quite sure why people call them that, but something very important to Mike and I is that Brayden has good manners.  We believe it's God's will for children (and adults) to be polite and respectful and want to teach him those things at a young age.  It's not always easy and doesn't always happen, especially with a 2 year old who is asserting their independence and personality left and right but I am really pleased with how polite Brayden is in using please and thank you. He uses them regularly, even more than Mike and I use them, and rarely has to be reminded anymore (usually me just looking at him a little longer than normal after I have handed him something will immediately remind him to say thank you).  So, we've taken it a step further and started trying "no, thank you" and "you're welcome".  Both caught on pretty quickly!  But the funny thing is, he'll say thank you, like last night, when Mike handed him something, he said "Tain Too Daddy" and then immediately said "your welcome Daddy". It was super funny and super cute. I know we'll have to eventually correct this so he understands the difference, but in the meantime, I'll just be grateful for his good manners :-)!

2 comments:

  1. He is a very polite little boy :) you two are doing a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! Sometimes I'll tell mine to say they're sorry and the other child they are saying "sorry" to will say I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete